Followers

Monday, May 11, 2015

Precious Moments

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the beautiful image Precious Moments  by Charity Dauenhauer which is available from the Sweet Pea Store in digi format.


I have had this image for a while and totally forgot about it - wonder how many of us do that :) :) Anyway, I spent a weekend colouring up several images for upcoming creations and this one one of them, isn't it just so precious.  The image was coloured with Promarkers and the sun/moon was edged with a silver pen which I smudged around to try and create some flare.
 I came totally unstuck with the background, just did not know which way to go.  In the end the chalks won and I used several shades of blues.  For the final layer I put an embossing folder underneath and pressing quite hard with the dark blue chalk, rubbed over to pick up the texture. Chuffed with this, it worked a treat.
Great, the background sorted now onto the card.  Oh dear - dead brain.  I knew what I did not want to do but seemed to have no idea what I did want to do.  Several cups of coffee later I came up with a plan. This card has certainly not been an easy one by a long shot :)
I ended up going for a twisted easel card with a very lacy look just using dies. I just adore the Tattered Lace die I got on a magazine a year or so ago and for this creation I cut it three times.  Two of the cuts were left whole and the third I cut into a couple of sections and attached them to the whole die on the front.  The image was cut with a Spellbinder Oval and mounted on the Tattered Lace Antique Oval die.  To finish off the die cutting I then added a tiny butterfly to link in with the image using Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies and used mauve card for the underside of the wings.  The sentiment was a simple silver congratulations which I had to cut down to Congrats to fit into the area created by the inner cut of the Tattered Lace Antique Oval die which is a buckle to which I threaded wide organza ribbon through.  Finishing off I added a large white double organza bow with a safety pin charm and a blue button and then a spray of pearls.


 On the inside of the card I used some blue patterned vellum and then added the third of the Tattered Lace rose cuts I made.  Some pretty ribbon with baby items was attached on the lower edge and a writing area using Sizzix - 657938 which I mounted with foam tape.  There we are all done :) :) :) 

Ingredients:-
  • Image - Precious Moments  by Charity Dauenhauer 
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Tattered Lace die I got on a magazine a year or so ago, Spellbinder Oval, Tattered Lace Antique Oval die, Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies and Sizzix - 657938
  • Embossing Folder - Tatter Lace butterflies
  • From my Stash - ribbon, chalk, vellum, charm, pearls
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

13 comments:

  1. A stunning creation for our theme this week Mimi, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card
    Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card, I have not see one like this before, I just love love the image.
    Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Your card is so detailed and amazing! Thanks for joining us at the stamping boutique challenge blog. -Annalisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Card!! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    EnjoyScrappin2 {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This sure is fabulous! Love that border, image and design! So excited to have you sharing with Loves Rubber Stamps this week!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very lovely card. The style you used is great and the coloring is absolutely perfect. Thank You so much for sharing this with The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning. The image is gorgeous and coloured so beautifully and I love your pretty design.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mimi! What a nice die you have! Love all that white, looks fluffy! Great for participating in our challenge using ribbon at Crafty Ribbons!

    La Vikinga

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just so so pretty
    Thank you for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a stunning card. I love the twisted easel design and that gorgeous stamp. Truly beautiful card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Come back and see us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Loves Rubberstamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Layers" challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just Beautiful.Stunning colours.Very Special Card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi